Started Mar 15, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rt22306
Senior MemberPosts: 1,802Gear list
Like?
Kyocera Finecam M410R review
Mar 15, 2006

I bought this model a year ago after having lost a Kyocera S5 digicam. Until Kyocera stepped out of the camera business, that's all I'd bought for 25 years (Yashica or Contax). I like the power source best for this model, good old AA batteries, no rechargeable maker specific rechargeable. I usually keep the camera(s) on and ready, so I do tend to go through batteries. AAs are everywhere. The SD memory cards are also interchangeable with my Pentax *istDL (and batteries) so one could back up the other. But as others have noted, the optical zoom and digi zoom features are huge advantages, I have noted a lot of "noise" when zoomed out, it really becomes apparent and the images in the LCD also become less sharp. I usually shoot with it with the LCD off, only the EVF functioning to extend battery life. I wish Kyocera/Yashica/Contax were with us still, I always found them of good value for the money, and not being as common as Nikon and Canon, etc. they would always start up a conversation. An added plus for my purchase, being able to use filters with an adapter to reduce UV, etc. I use a UV and polarizer at all times.

Problems:

You need to read the manual...it's a bit more advanced than my FX-Ds, FR II and FX-103.

rt22306's gear list:rt22306's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V Kodak EasyShare Z990 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus Stylus 1 Pentax K10D +8 more
rt22306's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow