Started Apr 7, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Lorne H
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-U10 review
Apr 7, 2006

Delightful! This was my first digital camera and I have never regretted buying it. Yes the 1.3 MP resolution is low, and yes the 1-inch LCD is really too small for just about anything. But it's half the size of a Snickers Bar! And its simple to use and surprisingly rugged so you can just slip it in your pocket and always have it handy. The design is beautifully intuitive. Just slide open the metal cover and the camera turns itself on. Slide it shut and it shuts off. What more do you need for most of your pictures? And despite the low pixel count, it produces surprisingly good pictures, and the auto-focus is simple but reliable. It's the perfect "hold-out camera" for any photographer (though you may opt for its nearly identical but higher-rez cousins, the U20 and U30).
As an added bonus, people LOVE this camera. Even though it's a fairly old gadget, people still ask to see it whenever I use it. Grab one if you can find it. This camera is a classic.

Problems:

Once a lady who wandered into a shot freaked out because she thought I was a PI hired by her husband. Be warned, this camera will make you look like some kind of a spy.

No Tripod Mount!!!

Lorne H's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow