Started Apr 17, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
KingClifton
Forum MemberPosts: 77
Like?
Olympus Stylus 300 (mju 300 Digital) review
Apr 17, 2006

This is the most disappointing DC I've ever used. My GF bought it and it's so bad that now that I'm shopping for my own, I won't even bother looking at anything Olympus.

I've used many digital cameras over the last 6 years but never owned one. I used to rate the early-model Ixus variants (PowerShot SD range) fairly highly. Best digital photos I've seen were from a Coolpix 4300.

The photos from this camera are either over or under exposed; very susceptible to redeye. Skin tones look digital. Nothing ever came out like a proper photo. More often that not I borrowed the abovementioend Coolpix or used my 15yo Yashica SLR if I wanted photos that were going to come out well.

Worst aspect is the speed. Try taking photos of a boisterous puppy. Around 1/3 of the photos taken got trashed - too blurry.

Olympus, this camera is a disgrace. It's probably fine to give to an 8yo child if you weren't concerned theyd break or lose it.

Problems:

Slow operation (shutter lag, focussing soeed, shot-to-shot time, startup/shutdown)

Average quality photos. They look digital.

KingClifton's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow