Started Apr 30, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
asearle
Regular MemberPosts: 236
Like?
Leica D-LUX 2 review
Apr 30, 2006

I just took this camera to Berlin to put through its paces. I have used other digital cameras so I have some experience.
I found this to be well built (so far nothing has dropped off or broken unlike my Ixus 500 after little use), easy to use and gives excellent quality pictures. Takes a little getting use to without a viewfinder as on autopilot you find yourself holding to your forehead! Then having felt a complete dipstick, you hold it carefully as there is nothing to jam it against to keep it steady.Fairly quick writing to SD card-using a Lexar 2GB 133x speed. The body feels well built and has positive controls.Overall -very pleased with quality, ease of use, build quality and colour reproduction.I havent used the manual mode yet look forward to the control that the mode will offer.Also didnt tie the lens cap to the camera-a stupid idea-I just pop it in my pocket and havent found a problem.Overall-an excellent choice!

Problems:

Only criticism is the LCD which is normally very clear is a complete swine in bright sunlight. You need someone to stand next to you and block the sun so that you can see-but lots of LCD are painful under these circumstances.
Noise levels are OK up to 200 but even on 400-I have seen worse.I will be trying some of my examples and expect Neat IMage to improve the results.Even so-I can live with them . I also own a D200-so I have a strong contender to make a comparison. I have no time for those shouting that there is noise at 1600 ISO.Did these people EVER uprate a film and expect results comparable to a 50 ISO film?

asearle's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow