Started May 16, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AndrewR
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
HP Photosmart R727 review
May 16, 2006

This is my eighth digital camera since 1997, and I bought it to replace a Konica Minolta Dimage Xt I unfortunately lost. I like to have a small camera to carry on me all the tims, and the R727 fits the bill very well. Not the smallest of cameras, but it will fit easily in a shirt pocket. The metal body is very stylish, and the camera is very easy to use (but has plenty of advanced features). The large 2.5 inch screen is a joy to use and, as I don't have good eyesight, makes navigating the menus very easy. There are lots of graphicsl on the menus - even tips how to improve the pictures you have taken!

Picture quality is very good, with plenty of detail at 6.2mp. Also the movie mode is useful at 640 x 480, and you can zoom while taking a movie (a lot of cameras cannot do this).

Startup time is very quick indeed. The controls are very well laid out, and very simple. I did not need to read the instruction manual to get up and running with the camera.

The metal case gives the camera a real feel of quality.

Problems:

Zoom is incremented (ten distinct steps), and can be heard stepping when you zoom during a movie - minor niggle.

The USB/adaptor port door seems a little flimsy and vulnerable.

No optical viewfinder (though I haven't found this to be much of a problem).

AndrewR's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow