Started May 17, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
M F HughesThomas
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Olympus SP-700 review
May 17, 2006

I was attracted to this camera first because it was an Olympus, and I like the results delivered by the esp metering. Second I liked the macro options. I wasn't that keen on the idea of a camera without a view-finder, but I was proved wrong. The three inch screen is superb, and is particularly good for macro work.

The menu screen presents you with nine boxes, which allow you, amongst other things, to alter the image quality, the white balance, ISO, the mode, and exposure compensation.

There are no manual setting options which I thought would be a problem, but this has not been the case.

There are no options to change saturation, contrast or sharpness but, again, I have not found these a problem with this canmera.

It delivers pin-sharp, well saturated images. The super macro setting is particularly good, and I have had successes with this setting.

But the icing on the cake is the superb movie mode. Set it on Fine, and select the image stabilizer, and you get image quality well above that usually available on a camera in this price range. However, it is not possible to us the zoom once shooting has started.

Problems:

If you must have manual overrides this is not the camera for you.

M F HughesThomas's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow