Started May 17, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rick
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,539
Like?
HP Photosmart R817 review
May 17, 2006

another closeout review for me and unfortunately this camera is not a 5 image quality with noise seeping in too often. The performance speed of operation, specifically related to buffer, is to put it mildly too slow. If not for those two things, a good camera. I expected a little more zoom and easier time thinking about how I don't want it but controls are excellent and I think I will this camera. Easy to use, hold , keep , put it in pocket etc and better then many cameras indoor white balance. It takes very good photos very often with a little better reach. The buttons and controls and menu in this camera is what every point and shoot should have. Its so easy , they just should make every camera like this ..You can get many good shots if you don't mind long buffer time ( way too long for me). Whats ironic , is the time saved from going into complex menus, is lost on long buffer.

Problems:

5x zoom is good but with no viewfinder and noise, and slow buffer, back to the store it goes. One can put it into shutter priority but sometimes its hard to tell if the photo brightness is changing or not In other camreras the shutter priority brightness changes on the lcd as the speed of shutter changes but it doesn't really here. So that defeats most of the advantage ( but not all ) of shutter priority. All in all a very good constructed small little bundle if you don
t mind the speed issue.

rick's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow