Started Jun 7, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Uncle Jim
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W7 review
Jun 7, 2006

Got this camera yesterday on clearance for $249 ! Feel like i got blessed at that price.

For, wherever you look on the web, it is going for high 200's or over $300 ! SWEET!

Getting to the camera.............

It's a 7 meg camera, of course..

I had the W5 model -- 5 meg a month ago, and the lens froze up on me...might have been able to fix the "error message' that showed "turn camera on and off", if I followed instructions from someone on the web....but i returned it for the cash....

Then this deal came up somehow, and I took it.

Haven't printed any shots yet, looking foward to see the results.

My 5 meg W5 prints were ACCEPTABLE ! 4 x 6 's were NICE!

Soo I am looking foward to seeing how this 7 meg camera does...............................

CONTROLS on it?

EASY buttons, good placement..I am totally happy with how easy to look at just shot pictures..EASY to delete not wanted ones.

My old W5 did GREAT with low light with flash outdoors shots....took some of my mother and sister, NICE!

Sister just ystrdy brought me a pie!

Yup, she's a sweetie for sure. Mom's ok too.

What else? About when taking a shot in one setting, like "M" or "P"......yes, when you are in M or P mode, and set things like EV or up or down sharpness or contrast or saturation, YES it stays at that adjustment...what's the problem? You have all the time in the world.......

What I found for SURE, is, TRY TO TAKE AS MANY PICTURES AT A HIGHER SHUTTER SPEED AND IF NOT TAKING A PORTRAIT TYPE OF SHOT, USE THE HIGHEST F TOP TOO.......the pics will be SHARP, and MUCH LESS CHANCE of any out of focusness.........

Maybe most of my shots as possible are done from the MANUAL MODE THEN? probably.....

HA!!! ANOTHER THING, all specs say 1000 is the max shutter speed????

HA, NOPE!!! In at least "P" mode, in BRIGHT conditions, the camera WILL SHOW 2000th of a second !!!!
BEAUTIFUL.

Try to up your shutter speed to at least 200th of a second on as many shota as possible, unless YOU have very steady hands............I love my coffee!!!

ANOTHER TRICK.........when shooting at slower shutter speeds with a tripod.......and youre at like 60th or less, get your shot all setup, then instead of using the shutter button to take the shot, just clik on the "SELF PORTRAIT" button RIGHT THERE ON THE BACK IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE....and clik it when youre ready, and let the camera clik off the picture! SWEET.

OF COURSE, the camera could have image stblztn, or aprtre priority or shutter priorty..........I don't need them...I can use MANUAL, and set the shutter, and have a couple aperature settings good enuf for me........

thats all for now......

Uncle Jim's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow