Started Jul 10, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ReinMan46
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Pentax Optio W10 review
Jul 10, 2006

So I really needed a wee little camera that I could carry in a pocket and not know its there, until I needed it. I realized that it wouldn't replace my 30D (digi SLR) but I also knew I couldn't abide with a really crappy image capture.
The W10 is a great little point and shoot! It takes a good picture, and if the light is not too low, it is a sharp and well exposed picture. I was surprised by how such a small lens system could produce the resolution it does. And if you stay within flash range (about 4cm out to 5 meters) the exposure is very good, even for fill in flash.
The fact that it is waterproof (though it does SINK!) was important to me as I don't want to worry about sand, dirt, margaritas, etc. destroying it if I'm not in a "pro" mode!

All in all, it is a great value for the $450 CAN I spent for it and a 1gig SD card. (oh, and my fiance loves it too!)

Problems:

Build quality seems very good.
It is (like many cameras of this style) hard to use in direct sunlight.
The 38mm (equiv) "wide angle" just isn't wide angle enough, as I'm a 28mm lover!
Did I mention that it is really hard to use in direct sunlight?

ReinMan46's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow