Started Jul 12, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DennisB43
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Leica D-LUX 2 review
Jul 12, 2006

As much as I enjoy using this camera, there are some flaws that I find quite annoying. While the images at low ISO ratings are outstanding, I find anything above 200 (or even 100) to be far too noisy for a camera of this price. The autofocus is usually too slow, particularly in anything but decent light. There is a very bad shutter lag, so don't expect too much spontaneity. And, while everyone seems to be lauding the build quality, I have to question it. I find the camera a bit too susceptible to dents and scratches, and there's no excuse for the flimsy plastic lens cap that has to be tethered by a cheap string. And while the large LCD screen is beautiful, it also scratches easily, causing me to lay a protective transparent cover over it, thus losing the benefit of its beauty.

On the other hand, I bought it for the glass. The features are excellent, the menu is very user-friendly, battery life is pretty good, and I love the fact that this camera can be almost fully manual.

Overall, while I like the fact that it's a Leica, I can't honestly recommend it over other fine cameras, especially at this price point and below.

DennisB43's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow