Started Sep 17, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rick
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,539
Like?
HP Photosmart R927 review
Sep 17, 2006

I feel for Hp trying to sell digitial cams but they still need toupgrade their technology to fill a few big gaps. This camera looks sleek, build is real good, fast to startup, fast with menu and a very very innovative menu by the way, but the buffer is simply horrible and the time betwen shots is simply horrible. The things focusses only in good light, the rest of the time, you have to use flash or its disappointment. The lcd is so bright and nice but the thing doesn't stay focussed in all but the best light. In flash it takes fantastic shots, so they have something going with the lens, but the light gaterthing processor fails miserably in most every other areas except bright light like years ago .. Unless you like to use flash allot, forget it. I feel sorry for Hp and Steves digitcams who said this was a fast camera,. He must have gotten a completely different camera then mine. Hp goes on to say if camera gets hot thats normal? Excuse me. get back to drawing board Hp you got some things going, fill in the gaps. Hp is not going to like my review, but I hope personally they still with it. The LCD was good, their review menu was great, their menu was innovative, they offer fast delete of all reviewed images, the buttons are all strategically placed, the camera looks great and feel is sold and sleek, the start up time is great. The lens in fact is very good in great light, so maybe all they can do is work on the processor and get time between shots faster. good luck HP

Problems:

slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww buffer, low light shots and even non low light shots fails in focussing way too often. This is a total mystery why in 2006 they can't do better considering how great their lens performed with flash and with flash some of the best shots I ever saw. Camera gets a bit warm, not exactly great battery life. Ok you want to believe the great ratings for this on ebay? Why

rick's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow