Started Sep 26, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rick
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,539
Like?
Olympus Stylus 810 (mju 810 Digital) review
Sep 26, 2006

Whats great? Construction and waterproof, sleek looking.I thought I would try it out thinking 3.64 image rating was only because of 4 people rating it.... well they were accurate but its an overall good little camera as I am spoiled on larger zooms and cameras with view finder. the bottom line is this is much better in noise and better at not over or under exposing photos then the 800. Some shots are good but like the earlier model Olympus 8 00 stylus, the 8 megapixel chip is too noisy for this small lens. thats all she wrote. So much noise in anything but good but this is newer and a bit better then the Oly 800 in noise Each shot is a surprise and unpredictable in all aspects like the earlier 800 with a bit faster response rate then the 800, no settings for sharpness or contrast or shutter speed, was a big disappointment and no viewfinder was bad. exposure and white balance while ok was not anything to write home about and no custom white balance. The good photos were very good but not exceptional and no real reason to get this to be honest and slightly disapointed.The construction seemed to be good and bottom line is this is better then Hp and polaroid but thats all .......my opinion.The resolution is only ok

Problems:

what was olympus thinking? You buy any olympus at this price point your not getting close to quality of a dslr or good Nikon in my opinion They improved from the Oly 800 but still this is for amateurs who are not demanding.

rick's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow