Started Sep 27, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Maria Wyszkowska
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Nikon Coolpix S1 review
Sep 27, 2006

This is my first digital camera and I fell in love with it right at the beginning.

Pros:
very easy to use (no need for manual)
nice look and huuuuuge LCD screen
makes great close-ups and nature shots
battery life is pretty good, no complaint there

Problems:

The "party indoor" option works well when you have only electric light - colors come out very real then (they seem a little unrealistic if done with the regular option) but if the hand is not steady, the picture may come out blurred. Thank God for the huge LCD - you can see right away if the picture didn't come out the best way.

Video is not bad if the lightning is good. With bad lightning it comes out very dark, can't see a thing. But again, it's not a camcorder - I never expected it to be.

My first serious problem started after few months of use. Every picture would come out with lines (surprisingly this didn't affect videos). They fixed it (buying extra warranty is a good idea for expensive cameras) but now, just few weeks later, something happened again and it looks as though some thread was blocking the lens. Since the lens is inside, I can't get there to remove it. I will have to send it in again.

I love this little camera. It's my favorite toy and I've made awsome pictures with it but it's biggest problem seems to be the fragile construction. I'm afraid to think what else can go bad after I have it fixed.

Maria Wyszkowska's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow