Started Nov 1, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CameraBobSmith
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Nikon Coolpix L2 review
Nov 1, 2006

After taking 115 pictures over 3 days with this camera in different lighting conditions, I found that the "lens speed" was much too slow to take sharp handheld pictures even in bright daylight. The memory speed was very good however. This camera is basically useless for taking handheld photos in natural light. I returned the camera because I wanted more than a just a cheap flash camera.

The orginal reason for purchasing this camera was the ease of use, intuitive menus, and, my very positive past experience using a Coolpix 950.

I wanted to replace my SLR camera with a small and easy to use digital camera. This camera's lens speed is very slow and needs to be used with a tripod or with the built in flash.

The colour resolution is very good and the manual white balance produced very good natural whites when using Compact Fluorescent Lamps. It was also able to compensate for the different colours through out the day. I was unable to use the manual colour balance with the built in scene modes.

I tried using this camera as a video camera for a video recorder and was unable to turn off all of the icons on the screen.

This camera does not have a plug for an external power supply, however, the rechargable batteries were still working and supplying power to the camera after 115 photos. I don't know if they would be still charged if I had used the flash for every picture.

The camera has a plastic tripod threaded mount that might not last very long if you are using a tripod.

CameraBobSmith's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow