Started Nov 15, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ross Alford
Regular MemberPosts: 319Gear list
Like?
Pentax Optio W20 review
Nov 15, 2006

This is a really excellent camera. I have owned Optio 33WR, 43 WR, and now the W20. The intervening models deleted some features that I use and need, but they were restored on the W20. I use it for general carry-around outdoors photos and particularly for macro shots. For that use, it's great.

Brilliant macros down to 1 cm from the lens, with a special soft flash mode so you can use flash with macro. Waterproof, extremely high image quality at ISO 64 and 100, and maybe even 200, quite useable at 400, amazing for a very small compact. Movie mode with digital image stabilization works well, and it lets you zoom while filming.

see www dot pbase dot com slash northqueenslandphotos slash optio_w20 for more info and an in depth user review with sample photos. The URL is entered in this form because although dpreview's instructions say you can include links, they do not show up. Just replace 'dot' with . and 'slash' with / and you'll get there.

Ross Alford's gear list:Ross Alford's gear list
Nikon D800E Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
Ross Alford's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow