Started Nov 17, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kwoh
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Olympus Stylus 740 (mju 740 Digital) review
Nov 17, 2006

The pictures are grainy in low light. other than that This is a pretty good camera. feels solid like if I dropped it it wouldn't quit. (not trying it though!) lots of "settings" for beginners and people who just want to take a picture and not worry. comes with presets for things like Indoor, outdoor, portrait, theres a museum setting... lots of different settings. 5X zoom is real nice especially for a Point and shoot! There is even an image stabilization. I beleive it is only software based though... but I read the 750 has both physical and digital image stabilization. Nice size kind of a wedge shape a little weird but great for one handed shots because the thicker end is where you would hold it!!

so for me I like it.

Problems:

Grainy pictures in low light. biggest downer.

the cable looks like a standard usb cable but it's a slightly different shape.

doesn't come with a memory card. but I don't think any cameras do that now a days.

no viewport. just screen.

doesn't come with a case. not even a sleeve. but again I haven't bought a camera in a while so I bet most don't come with this either. cool cause I got a nice lowepro.

oh and if you want a case the Lowepro D-pods 10 fits it nicely. neoprene just slides right in and has a velcro top. doesn't make it that much bigger.

I think I must of bought it close to its release date because it was a bit expensive. but not much more than the other cameras I was looking at.

Kwoh's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow