Started Nov 20, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wlpetersvirginnet
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Canon PowerShot A430 review
Nov 20, 2006

This is an easy-to-use camera that produces great pictures. I bought the camersa in the Czech Republic and as a result got a user manual in Czeck - but I found I could set up and use the camera with no problems. (There is an english language manual on the supplied CD).

It powers up and down fairly quickly but can be a little slow in saving pictures to the memory card.

Having a viewfinder is a must - it enables you to steady the camera against your face when taking protos and it saves on battery power as you can turn the LCD off and this is one of the few compacts around that has a viewfinder.

I use a DSLR for most of my pictures but as a light, portable point-and-shoot camera this is ideal. A great little camera for the price.

Problems:

The battery cover can move slightly when gripping the camera with your right hand. I find this a bit disconcerting but it hasn't caused a problem yet.

The camera doesn't remember your settings in auto mode. I like to switch the flash off and use it when I want to - not when the camera thinks it should, so, having switched the flash off, used the camera and then powered it down, next time I power up I expect the flash to be off - but the camera has reset it to auto. Most annoying.

wlpetersvirginnet's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow