Started Dec 4, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Maceo
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Casio Exilim EX-S770 review
Dec 4, 2006

If you're considering buying a Casio, you need to know why I'll never buy another Casio product again. I bought a Casio digital point and shoot about 6 months ago. I make my living as a photographer, I'm a gadget guy and I've owned dozens of point and shoots. I did a lot research and decided on the Casio. The features and design are great. Image quality is only average, but I can live with that.

I got it and was really happy with it for about 4 days. Then it wouldn't turn ON. I'd push the power button and it wouldn't turn ON for 10 - 30 seconds. So I sent it to Casio and they fixed it. ok.

I used it for a few months and was happy with it. Loved the features and design. Not thrilled about the image quality, but I could live with it.

A little more than a month ago I pushed the power button to turn the camera off and the thing freaked out. It made a weird beep or two. The lens tried to retract back into the body but failed. The screen went blank and never came back on. I DIDN'T TOUCH THE LENS BARREL.

So I wasn't happy but at least the thing was still under warranty, right? And I'd be happy after they fixed it again because it's a great camera when it works, right?

So I sent it to Casio and waited to get it back. 3 weeks later I got a repair estimate for $130. ??? They want to charge me to fix their defective product that's still under warranty? So I called their 1-800 number.

This is where it gets interesting. I called and spoke to a friendly person in the repair department. She told me they would have it reevaluated and she would call me back within 2 days. I waited 3 days and never received a call back. So I called again. Talked to another friendly person. She told me the same thing- they'd have it reevaluated and she'd call me back within 2 days. I waited 3 days and never received a call back. Called again. I was told the same thing. The friendly person on the other line apologized for not returning my calls like they said they would. She said she would call me back within 3 days. I waited 4 days with no call. Shame on me, huh?! So I called this past Friday to talk to somebody in charge... and ended up getting thrown into his voicemail... which was full.

That's why I'll never buy a Casio product again. I think I'm going to get a Fuji F30 tomorrow.

Maceo's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow