Started Dec 9, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chribo
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Canon PowerShot A630 review
Dec 9, 2006

The A630 replaces my old PowerShot A75, which I liked very much.
All the good things I have read in the web about the A630 are true.
I just want to mention some points, I was astonished or disappointed:

Problems:

- Remote capture: This is a software tool coming with Canon cameras, which allows you to take pictures direct by the pc, inlcuding the possibility to have some automatic time intervall (for example: 400 photos every 20 seconds)
I liked this feature very much on my A75. Now I found out, that the A610 is ready for this feature, the A620 is ready for this feature and the A640 is ready. But the A630 doesn't support the remote capture SW. (If anybody has a hint to activate it, please let me know!)
I can't understand, why Canon did this!
- Compared to my A75 the noise when moving the objective is much higher. So it's no more possible to switch on the camera in a room with two or three people, without they notice.
- Let's have following condition: A630 in mode "Auto", flash automatic, a little zoom, rather dark environment (in my opinion, this situation is quiet often).
It's clear the A630 activates the flash and sets to a time of exposure of 1/60sec.
What I don't undstand is, that the Camera switches on the sign for "danger of shake". I think in automatic mode, the camera should choose a shorter time of exposure or shout not activate the sign "danger of shake"

But again: All ohter points, which I didn't mention (there are a lot!) are excellent in the A630!

chribo's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow