Started Dec 12, 2006 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jtuds
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Casio Exilim EX-S600 review
Dec 12, 2006

Well, first of all I was looking for the smallest camera possible and that is about it. It was between this and the Sony T9/T10. I ultimately chose this because of the bad reviews I have read on both the T9 and T10 and because there was a significant difference in the price.

The only reason that I did not put 5 for Construction is because the lens pops out of the camera instead of being contained like with the Sony. However, this is barely a problem because the camera turns on and off so quickly that you will rarely miss a shot due to the camera not being ready. I still had to take it in to account though, because it was probably one of the thigns I like the most about the Sony.

Now, where some of the other reviewers the low quality ratings is beyond me. For my use, the pictured have turned out great, and are certainly of a quality that is satisfying to me.

The size is remarkable, and is one of the absolute best characteristics of this camera. It is well made as far as I can tell, meaning it feels solid and sturdy.

As for features...it certainly get s a five, but to be honest, I have no clue when or where I will use them. There are so many picture modes, the video mode, and then the manual adjustments on top of that, where do I start?

I highly recommend this camera if size is important to you. It is just so convenient and pocketable, you'll never even consider having it to be "something else to have to carry" when going somewhere, and you'll take it everywhere...I sure do!

Picture Quality is rated relative to the type of camera it is....not by comparison to a top of the line SLR. So, in terms of 6MP point and shoot cameras, it's a 4.5

Problems:

No problems. 4.5 for Ease of Use because some people may have trouble using the Best Shot modes but that's OK, General mode works well.

The only thing I can really say I dislike is the quality of the LCD screen on the back. You can certainly tell if your pictures if good or not, but the resolution and quality of the actually screen itself are noticeably low, especially if you compare side-by-side to the LCD displays on a Sony or Lumix product, clearly because these companies both produce LCDs and Casio has gone through a 3rd party. The reason this has not affected my Construction rating, however, is because this does not carry over to the quality of the actual photo in any way, they still look great.

jtuds's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow