Started Jan 29, 2007 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
whiterope
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Pentax K110D review
Jan 29, 2007

This is my first dslr and I am in no way unhappy. I went from a point and shoot(Kodak Easyshare 750) to this and there is no comparison. The image quality is superb but the reason I purchased this camera over a Nikon or Canon was for three reasons. 1. Price- with a lens I got it for $534 minus a $50 rebate. 2. I prefer the option of AA batteries instead of a rechargeable internal battery and 3. the lens selection is staggering. The Nikon D40 has almost no AF lens selection due to it's lack of an internal AF lens motor. Canons are nice but for the price with almost identical pictures it was a no brainer. The weight of the camera is great, there is no doubt you are holding a quality, well built product.
For a beginer like myself the choice was obvious. You could spend a little more for the K100D for the image stabilization, but why?

Problems:

The ONLY problem with this is the white balance indoors. After messing around with the settings a little bit, the problem resolved itself.

whiterope's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow