Started Feb 3, 2007 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shato
Junior MemberPosts: 31
Like?
Pentax Optio WPi review
Feb 3, 2007

Had this camera for a couple of years. Finally, in November 2006, drowned it. Overall it produced many nice underwater shots, and some from whitewater rafting. Beach ones were Ok, never used it indoors. It was a great backup for DSLR equipment in every travel, kinda miss it.

Problems:

1. When shooting the fish, had to turn to shutter priority and set it to 1/160 - that was the limit of unblurry photos. With the 200 ISO (limit of ungrainy photos) that was a bit limiting without the flash. Never use the built-in flash in water because of particle refractions.
2. Freediving with this toy was Ok down to 6-8 meters (although it's guaranteed to 1.5 m deep). My guess, it leaked somewhere around 12-15 meters. Then it stopped shooting, and afterwards I discovered it was full of seawater. So, now I'm considering the new Olympus 770 SW toy, which is rated to 10m deep. But that one does not have shutter priority, so I'm gonna get more blurry fishes. Hey, Pentax! Will you really let Olympus have your customers?

Shato's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow