Started Apr 6, 2007 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PeterB666
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix Z3 review
Apr 6, 2007

I bought the Z3 as a present for someone who decided they didn't want it. The reasons I selected it were that it was dead simple to use, was very small and had a great LCD.

I decided to keep it for a while as a second camera to my Sony DSC-V3. The Fujifilm Z3 is an excellent little camera.

I have found that battery life is better than expected. Image quality is very good provided you shoot at 5mp and fine quality (camera defaults to normal out of the box), and image noise is very good to ISO 400. In the right conditions, ISO 800 and ISO 1600 will give reasonable 6x4 prints.

The shutter response is very good especially if set to the high speed mode and focus and exposure very good although you do have to remember to half press the shutter to wait for exposure comenstation (like on my Sony).

This camera has very few weaknesses and represents great value for money. The newly released Z5fd overcomes a few of the minor niggles with this camera, e.g. the tripod socket not being on the camera body being the main one.

Problems:

The only problems are quite minor. Image quality if not set to 5mp and fine quality is not great, especially above ISO 400. The tripod socket on the charging cradle is dumb but is fixed on the Z5fd. Why doesn't it come in black any more like the Z2?

PeterB666's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow