Started Apr 21, 2007 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DIMIKON
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Ricoh Caplio R5 review
Apr 21, 2007

HANDLING: a bit ackward at the beginning but I got familiar to this rather quickly.
MACRO: fantastic macro capabilities!
BATTERY: the camera’s low consumption profile helps in taking many shots before the battery runs out, however I ‘d recommend a second battery.
Camera shake correction: effective but not as much as I’d like it to be.
ZOOM: fantastic 7x optical zoom. Can be extended to an incredible 34x through the Digital Zoom IMG process by cutting the outer pixels of the sensor. There is a decrease in quality of course but not the one you have through the normal digital zoom (3,6x here).
NOISE: any digi-compact without noise? Well, up to ISO 160 the images are practically noise free. They are nice with accurate colours. From then on the noise becomes more and more apparent. At printed photos however it’s hard to notice the noise even at ISO 400, (size 13x18 cm) unless the shot is taken with the use of digital zoom.
OTHER ASPECTS: nice colours, wide angle strats from 28 to 200, fast response, small size.

Problems:

FLASH: effective up to 2,4 m only. With proper focusing it works properly, otherwise it overexposures. At low light it’s a problem sometimes. It’s position was not a problem for me.
PROGRAM FOR DOWNLOADING - EDITING IMAGES TO A PC: completely unsatisfactory to me. Even simple connection of the R5 with my pc can be a problem sometimes. Now I use the option "MASS STR" provided by Ricoh to use the camera as an external drive.
SHOOTING SCENES: I’m not fan of the adjustments and some more programs would be welcomed by me. (e.g. fireworks)

DIMIKON's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow