Started Apr 26, 2007 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bellefield
Contributing MemberPosts: 573
Like?
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T7 review
Apr 26, 2007

I love this camera, and I'll be sad when I finally replace it with a newer model.

Sure its got loads of problems, such as weak flash, no image stabilisation so extremely susceptible to camera shake, poor quality images in low light, extremely noisy, unbelieveably short battery life (sometimes go through two batteries in one night!!!), overpriced and the black paint on the lens cover flakes off when chipped by the keys in my pocket! so why do I love it so much?

Simply because if I didn't have this camera with me then I would have missed capturing and sharing some of the most wonderful moments of my life. It really is an ultra compact, slips easily into my pocket, sporran or even my wallet! in fact it'll go just about anywhere!

Its light, fast, good image quality in normal lighting conditions and for all its faults, its solid and although mine has taken a few knocks it just keeps on working, and above all... its fun!

I really hope and pray that Sony decide to continue with the T7 formula and try to address some of the problems it has, I've been waiting for them to do it ever since they bought out the T7, its not perfect, but for all its bad points, there's no other camera to touch it for what it does best - its always with you when you need it.

Problems:

Don't buy it if you want to use it as a dSLR substitute - I have a D70 and use a TZ1 for taking on holiday with me. The T7 is just for fun shots for when you don't want to lug a big camera around with you - and its perfect for that!

One final tip - most people just use it in automatic mode - you can double the fun if you make use of some of the features it has!

Bellefield's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow