Started Apr 30, 2007 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Radar5759
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Olympus FE-190 review
Apr 30, 2007

Picture quality is CRAP! I bought this camera for my son for christmas to stop him using my Sony DSC W5. When he complained about picture quality i decided to compare a number of different photos with both cameras set to fully auto. The difference is incredible despite the Sony only being 5 MP it is far superior to the Olympus - in fact i believe my old Sony 2MP would have taken better photos than the olympus. I took the camera back to the store where i bought it and asked them to send it back under warranty, ( I also took my Sony in for comparison). The sales rep took another brand new later model Olympus off the shelf (FE240 i think) and we took some comparison photos with that and my Sony - i was absolutely amazed that the quality was so obviously inferior even with the new olympus (7 Mp) to my Sony. When reviewing any photo as soon as i started to zoom in on the display lines were fuzzy and there was chromatic distortion. The salesman was also amazed at the obvious difference but stated that the lens on the Olympus is not good quality and that is just the way they are. I dont understand why they keep increasing the MP when the quality is so disgusting. Needless to say it would be futile to return the camera under warranty so i will be selling it on Ebay very soon. I chose that camera becuase of its simplicity and compactness and assumed that because it had a larger MP count than the Sony that the quality would be better. I will not be buying another Olympus in the near future and will take my trusty (but a little bulky) Sony in with me for comparison next time.

Radar5759's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow