Started May 20, 2007 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
parisphoto
Regular MemberPosts: 116
Like?
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX30 review
May 20, 2007

Buying this camera, I feel like I have been "let out of jail". I have owned a number of digital cameras, including a highly rated DSLR, but with all, I have been disappointed by the "softness" of the images. None matched the precision and "punch" of the best film cameras I have owned. I finally decided to review the DPReview galleries to see which tested cameras produced the photos that impressed me the most. I reviewed all the cameras that I considered buying, and found that the photos that impressed me the most were produced by Leica, and Panasonic. They seemed much sharper and more vital than others, including those from the highest rated Canons and Nikons. I know the TZ3 has won an award as the best compact digital, and I thought its photo examples were great. But, I don't need super telephoto, and I liked the FX30's compact size. So, I bought that, and I have not been disappointed. The photos it produces are the best I have had from digital. I have finally found a camera that produces sharp, detailled photos, and accurately captures my baby daughter's blue eyes.

Problems:

No problems.

parisphoto's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow