Started May 22, 2007 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PNVR
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Casio Exilim EX-Z1050 review
May 22, 2007

I bought this small camera about 10 days back. I like the simple menu driven options. Hate cameras with many buttons. Simple to use and carry. Good battery life. Batteries without 'memory' affects. Charges fast and ready to use. Very quick start up and ready to shoot mode. Purchased a 2GB SD card which really helps take more Photos. Good Number of options.
The Best Shot feature gives number of options to shoot your pictures.
This is my 3rd small Digital Camera. I like this better than the others (5mp and 7mp).
The best thing about this camera is the speed at which it starts and at which it can take continuous photos without sacrificing the clarity of the photo. I timed the camera for continuous photos for 40 seconds and I have about 232 photos. Which I think is really great. I Captured all possible movements during this time.
You can easily learn the features in a couple of hours and then you can be shooting !!!
Despite some problems mentioned below, I still like the camera. And I recommend it seriously. I studied sony w35, w55, w80, olympus FE190, 200, 230, F30, Canon A540, A710, some other Nikon and Panasonic small cameras but choose this one because this uses Rechargeable Li-ion battery, quick start up, uses standard storage which I can use for any other purpose (sony uses pro and pro-duo which is difficult to use with other appliances like nav system or standard card readers (maybe i still have to get used to using these).
You will definitely enjoy this camera for quite some time to come. BUY IT without any more thinking, if you are looking for a small camera within 300 EUR budget.

Problems:

View Finder would be good in sunny days. Pictures are very clear and lot of details are captured. But could have been sharper and the colours more pronounced. At a couple of times I got really sharp pictures...but at most other times, I felt this lacking. Maybe I am still learning !!
No protection for the screen and no bag for the camera. The small belt fit my wrist and after that it became difficult to use the camera freely. Flash seemed just about okay. Could have done with a better flash. The range is quite okay 38mm to 110mm (i think). Would have loved a 28mm on this. But I guess that is asking for too much.

PNVR's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow