Started May 30, 2007 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
swaroopa paratkar
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Nikon Coolpix 4600 review
May 30, 2007

I brought this camera without knowing anything about cameras in general. (Then, I thought megapixels were a true measure of how good a camera is)

I am an owner of this camera since 2 years, and I found this camera, a very easy camera to work with. Its a great camera for beginners. I have got some great results with the camera, and one of the pictures won me an editors choice award by Nikon (one of the reasons, I chose to keep this camera).

Some great features:
The Sports mode lets you take 5 consecutive pictures with the same amazing quality. The optical zoom is very less, hence the pictures become noisy after 1.5X zoom itself, but still i have managed to capture some very nice zoom shots.

Works best at low ISO mode (has a few options for that), and steady hand is required at manual mode settings (a really big drawback)

Love the fact that it takes AA batteries, and clicks upto 150 carefully adjusted pictures with one set.

Problems:

White balancing is a slight problematic.
Manual modes are not that great, works best in the Auto mode

swaroopa paratkar's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow