Started Jun 12, 2007 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pentax Fan
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Pentax Optio M20 review
Jun 12, 2007

I've been using the Pentax since I was pre adolescent - the famous Spotmatics of the 70's, to the PC 505, WR105, Espio 160 and now the Optio M20. As a serious photo hobbyist, I love compacts and the features of the Option M20 proved to be very practical and user friendly for me. I found the AAbattery and the SD cards very convenient and affordable. I also have another digital camera that uses xD cards and rechargeable lithium battery and they're quite a pain in the pocket!

Problems:

My kids gifted me with the Option M20 December 2006, it worked fine. My mistake was that I place it in a soft camera case slung over across my chest and once when I put on my car seat belt, the case got sandwiched. Well, the LCD broke. I still got to use it with vertical half blurred image while the other half is ok! Three problems: First, I should have used a hard camera case. Second, may help if the LCD is recessed - it shouldn't be too unprotected. Third, the repair should be more affordable. According to the local dealer, the machine to repair it couldn't be invested in because it's too expensive. They sent the camera back to Japan and it's still there over two months now.

Pentax Fan's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow