Started Aug 2, 2007 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ant Yeung
Regular MemberPosts: 205Gear list
Like?
Nikon Coolpix P5000 review
Aug 2, 2007

OK, I am a Nikon fan, but that's not the reason why I chose the P5000 as my latest pro-compact digital camera. My most recent purchase was the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2, which was fine. But I have always wanted to find the ultimate pro-compact DC.

The P5000 came very close to my specification. It's a pity it does not have RAW and that the lens is not wider say 28mm (personal preference). Other than that, I really can't fault it.

The Auto WB is probably the most accurate so far for Nikon compacts, and it beats my Lumix hands down.

The focusing is not that slow actually, quite bearable and fast for me especially when compared with my Nikon Coolpix 8800 and Coolpix 7900.

I bought the SB400 to go with the P5000 which is great for many low light shots. In the dark, the P5000 focuses a lot faster than any of its predecessors and other competitors I could mention. It is quite acceptable.

The size of the P5000 is quite impressive and it now totally replaces my Lumix on my belt. The P5000 shall be with me all the time.

I think Nikon really got it right this time, and the price is unbelievable. For me the P5000 is Highly Recommended.

Problems:

Wish it had RAW mode.

Ant Yeung's gear list:Ant Yeung's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Samsung Galaxy Camera 3G Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot S110 +7 more
Ant Yeung's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow