Started Aug 24, 2007 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
boykinsbuddy
Regular MemberPosts: 186
Like?
Pentax Optio W30 review
Aug 24, 2007

Very easy to use menus as soon as you figure out the green button, compact, gives better images than the Olympus. Video is good, underwater images are quite good, BUT...

Problems:

The first time I used the camera underwater was in a stream and got quite good images. The second time was in a similar river....shallow with very slow moving water. When surfacing I noticed the battery compartment had flooded even with the lock in place, SO I took out the battery and let it dry on the dash for a couple of days. The camera still worked fine after that so I just ignored the problem. The next underwater adventure...a trout fly-fishing trip. Took some great pictures of our catches underwater, pulled the camera out and the LCD and lens had fogged over and the battery compartment was flooded. Dried it out again...but this time the camera is dead. Now this is definitely disappointing since none of the wet use has been more than 4 ft deep. We'll see what Pentax has to say about this one, but they obviously have some issues with some of them.

boykinsbuddy's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow