Started Sep 30, 2007 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Smith Mountaintop Pa
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Olympus SP-550 UZ review
Sep 30, 2007

First, let me explain that I have been an amateur photographer for the past 40 years. I have used a lot of different cameras and this is my 3rd digital. I also want to note that I bought this camera at Sam’s club about 1 month after it first release and have now, 6 months later, shot more than 2K photos with it.

I like the camera very much. It has performed flawlessly. The software that came w/ the camera works fine. It’s durable and feels solid in my hand. I used/played with all of the camera features, and like all new cameras I have used, it takes time to learn how to use this camera. I now mostly shoot in “my-mode” which enables me to compensate for the image softness that has been widely reported about this camera. I do this by adjust/increasing the sharpness/contrast/RGB in the +3 to +5 range. I am still playing w/ this approach and much has been written about these adjustments at this site. Under the right conditions, such as sporting events, the results are as good as any I have seen taken w/ high end digital SLR’s!

I recommend this camera to anyone who likes to take the long shot without the weight and expense of digital SLR and long lens that come w/ them. I would also recommend the cable release w/ the long cords that can be found on e-bay and I wish the camera had shoe for an external flash.

Problems:

After 6 months the camera is worksing fine. No problems encountered.

Smith Mountaintop Pa's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow