Fujifilm FinePix A900 review
Well we all know about opinions, and for what it’s worth here is mine.
I purchased an A900 from CostCo for $159.99 with an ATP 80x 2GB SD card included in the price, about 3weeks ago..….Great value! Since that time I have shot in the neighborhood of 1100 to 1200 photos with the camera.
I use an extensive collection of photography software and suggest that if you decide on this camera purchase one from each of the following groups;
A. Intellihance pro, Neat Image Pro, Dfine, or Alien Skin exposure for corrections.
B. onOne Fractile Print Pro for quality resizing prior to printing.
C. PhotoShop or PaintShop Pro Photo for primary photo enhancing.
1. Good outdoor landscape photos, crisp, excellent color presentation, balanced exposure levels.
2. Great value within use limitations. Mainly outdoor, adequate lighting, etc.
3. Simply to operate, well suited for the novice.
4. Very good macro photos.
1. Battery life is rather poor. I used standard 1500ma coppertops and was only able to get 120 to 140 photos from each set. Suggestion use 2700ma NiMH rechargeable batteries with a 15 minute recharger, problem solved. Got 250 photos per charge. There is no view finder so the LCD view finder is constantly on consuming power.
2. Focus time is ok but in lower light situations very poor.
3. Lag time reminds me of digital cameras from years past, absolutely unacceptably slow with moderate to low light situations. You press the shutter release and the picture that appears is sometimes a delayed surprise.
4. Very grainy at ISO’s above 400, even when shooting at lower MP settings.
|Post ( )||Posted by||When|
|Oct 6, 2007|