ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
photographer_Dresden
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Minolta DiMAGE A1 review
Nov 10, 2007

Cons:
* Pictures are quite noisy. On average day-pictures you won't notice if you don't look close (but then you can see it), but in more darkness it get's more and more disturbing. No chance for long-exposure pictures.
* It could be more light-sensitive.
* It could have an autofocus-light.

Pros:
* It has all the functionality you would like and you can access many settings quickly with all the buttons on the camera (no need for going in the menu for most, also the more advanced ones, settings)
* The manual focus is a good idea.

Fazit (after three and a half year of usage): A very good camera if the picture-quality (noise) would be better.

Problems:

* After a year or so of usage the macro-switch broke. But I could fix it by removing the AF-rig and the small cover at the switch and bending the electrical contacts in place again. No problems with this after that.
* After one and a half years or so of usage the anti-shake sometimes locked-up at one corner with the result of not working anti-shake and you could see the edge of the objective on the pictures (therefore having a ca. 10% narrower area useful for taking pictures). It helped to open and re-close the body; when the problem re-occured later I found out that it is sufficent to just give the camera a hard clap with the hand.
* After having the camera for three and a half years or so it broke without any noticeable reason: The image just blured vertically (like mixing the information of the pixels during readout) and was pinkish. It had some dynamics: Beeing normal for short time, very very bad at later time. Some weeks later it was even worse. No way to fix on my own. I now think to buy a Pentax K10D SLR.

photographer_Dresden's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow