Started Nov 16, 2007 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thanasaki
Forum MemberPosts: 84Gear list
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix A800 review
Nov 16, 2007

It is time to write how good this cheap camera is. I own the A800 for 4 months now and I am impressed for it's crystal clear image quality and its -almost- noiseless images. At ISO 100 it is the clear winner on comparison with my beloved Canon A640 and the other Fujis I bought for trying to find an even better image quality, namely the F50fd, the F40fd. Compared to the legendary F20 I bought recently, it is quite close to it, on image crispness and noise (the F20 is slightly better) but the extra 2 (realy noticable) megapixels are truly an advantage for the A800. Upgrading to the 1.10 firmware version (that is said to be only for accepting HC SD memory), I am even more satisfied with the smoother and clear images this camera produces. An extra bonus for the A800 is the use of normal AA bateries and of course the use of SD memory, along with the Fuji's "legacy" XD . I strongly recommend this little camera.

Problems:

This camera is SLOW overall... on power on - off , on focusing on everything. Also it is little bulky , compared with the F series. No other problems

thanasaki's gear list:thanasaki's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D90 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S +15 more
thanasaki's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow