Started Dec 30, 2007 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fletch822
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Casio Exilim EX-Z75 review
Dec 30, 2007

Before buying this camera, I scoured the net reading reviews. Everything I saw gave it around 4.5 stars. Went to Staples and picked it up on sale for 149. Got it home, charged the battery, put it in and proceeded to take shots of everything in sight. Looked good on the LCD, but when downloaded I had to "fix" EVERY single picture, both manual pics and Easy Mode pics. I really liked the camera so I thought I would change some of the settings.....well, it didn't help. I tried for 2 weeks to like the pictures I got from this camera. The occasion that made me decide to take it back was taking pictures at my 2 sons Christmas program.....out of 90 pictures only 5 were considered to be printable. It seems that with this camera, anything 5-6ft is great....below or beyond that is grainy or very distorted. Also, when I took pictures of my kids within the 5ft range, I had to soften the flash to -2 and exposure to -1, because if I didn't they were ghosts. The pictures taken with this camera seemed to lack color....when editing I would have to add color to them. While I am an Amateur photographer, I do know a lot about ISO, Aperture, etc.etc. None of which seemed to make a difference. I don't understand however, after reading all the reviews on this camera how I could have received such horrible results. Maybe I had just got a bad one out of the batch, I'll never know, because since it was after Christmas, they had no more in stock. I went ahead and got a Canon A570 IS.......all I can say is WOW. Should have stuck with Canon to begin with........owner of Canon A610, Canon s2 IS and now Canon A570 IS.

Problems:

Bad pictures.

fletch822's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow