Started Feb 14, 2008 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
andy btt
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Nikon Coolpix L14 review
Feb 14, 2008

this is a beginner's "you get what you pay for" type of camera. it's only good for well lighted conditions or flash photography.
the only great plus i can see for this camera is that it runs on AA batteries so it's not hard to look for rechargeables(or alkaline for emergencies)
when i first bought this, and a pair of rechargeable batteries, a full charge gave me 800+ shots(2400mAh). it claims 1000 shots on Energizer's Lithium.

Pros:
Light
Battery Efficient
Cheap

Problems:

i was used to looking at moderate quality screens from cellphones to other digital cameras i've used... it was a bit of a shock for me that its 2.4" screen has very low resolution.

its autofocus is really really loud. moving the camera around triggers the autofocus and auto brightness and it goes crazy. it's like something making scratching sounds inside. i wish it will not trigger unless the capture button is pressed(halfway)

you cannot override the iso setting and most of the pictures are noisy except for bright conditions.

the focusing at night(and most low light conditions) is really really horrible. i wish they would proving a guide light for the autofocus like sony does.

no image stabilization

the scene button is too far left and really small it's hard to operate with one hand

the flash recharges really really slow(sometimes up to 5 seconds) especially if the batteries are <50% full.

i dont see much difference when i interpolated its 5mp(normal) picture from 7mp(fine). i feel like i was scammed.

andy btt's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow