ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Administraitor
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Nikon Coolpix S510 review
Feb 14, 2008

Overview
This is a solid little camera that's good for the casual picture taker.

Optical image stabilization offers extra hand held capability, though its not the miraculous anti shaky-hands-blur most people expect it to be.

Contruction
Solidly built, although the rotating navigation wheel feels slightly flimsy and fiddly (but this might be down to personal preference).

Features
A wider lens would've been nice.

Limited number of scene modes, and limited creative exposure modes (if you care about this - you could always apply post-processing after downloading the pictures to your computer to get the same effects).

Ability to manual focus and set custom white balance a plus, though.

Image Quality
Pictures taken in bright lighting are good, pictures taken in low-light range in quality from average to bad.

Ease of use
Easy to use, although I did take a short while to get used to button placements and functions.

Problems:

Continuous focusing in macro mode. This may be a feature and not a real problem, but I found that I prefer the camera to only start focusing on half-press of the shutter.

Water-colour effect and noise on shots taken in low-light conditions. Locking the ISO at the lowest settings (64) didn't help, pictures still turned out noisy and water-coloury.

Administraitor's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow