Started Mar 6, 2008 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
woody65
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Pentax Optio M40 review
Mar 6, 2008

Just brought this Camera on the weekend to replace a 4mp one I've had for two years.

Tried various other camera's out in the shop and this was what seemed the best value compared to these Canon, Olmpus, Nikon, kodak products on offer. Though they were all very similar prices the pentax was a little less.

I use my compact camera alot when I'm out mountain biking and the controls on this camera are easy to use with full finger cycling gloves on, the reason I didn't buy the Canon.

I've shot alot of pictures with this and when compared to the other makes of compact camera I've used in work for lab set-ups they are above average in the same conditions.

I probably wouldn't have brought this camera if I'd looked at the previous reviews on here, but am glad I did because having used it alot indoors I am very impressed with the imagine quality. Macro functions workk really well and as long as you use a flash indoor images are clear and well defined. Obviosly without the ISO level increases and like with any camera the image will become more grainy.

Found the options available very handy and easy to use and the reduced flash mode really good when taking close up shots and the normal flash range is very good in fact to good if you are very close.

In all I'm very happy with this camera and find it gives good results for what it is, i.e. a compact.

The professional review I found here seems to be a fair reflextion so worth check out. it gave 7/10 for image and 8/10 overall.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/digital-cameras/review/2007/10/26/Pentax-Optio-M40/p1

Problems:

None so far.

Will be testing it on the weekend while mountain biking to see what its like in the british weather.

woody65's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow