Started Apr 8, 2008 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
helenarome
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Nikon Coolpix S550 review
Apr 8, 2008

this camera is quite expensive compared to the picture quality that it delivers.

for a 10mp camera, the image is very bad. unless you have your flash on, then you could see more details. indoors and low lights without flash are just terrible.

outdoor image is just normal. i think that every camera would give a good outdoor picture.

again, for a 10mp camera, the image is usually stored as a <2mb jpeg file. this is a very small size for a good quality picture. i'm sure the printout wouldn't be beautiful.

the lcd screen itself is quite bad. it's always blurry and you can't see the image well in there.

electronic vibration reduction only has two options set: auto or off. and when you put it into auto, it usually goes off especially in a critical condition such as low light places. it was as if there's no evr at all.

night pictures would be quite ok as it took most of the light in. but only if you're using it on a tripod, i guess.

my friend got herself a lumix fs3 which is much cheaper than this nikon s550 and yet it delivers a better quality image than this one. i should've got that one in the first place

helenarome's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow