Flat view
doctortee
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 review
Apr 12, 2008

quick, easy to handle, easy to get used to, very nice screen resolution

Problems:

noise is higher than k10d or 40d. noise is visible even beginning from iso 200, if pictures are accurately exposed or underexposed. less noise when overexposed, but this is what one can expect. (i want to have good jpeg results out of the cam, so i want to avoid taking raw.) image quality is no as good as described in many reviews. colour and sharpness seem to be more 'flat' and not detailed. accuracy of the af is also not constant. i shot a lot of pictures at a children's birthday (i bought the cam for its high speed af and super steady shot for especially these conditions). the focus was often wrong. i was disappointed by the focus speed of k10d, but now i must say, that the af accuracy of k10d even with sigma 18-55 3.5-4.5 was better than my sony a700 with tamron 17-50 2.8. i didn't used dro, because it brings very noisy results indoors. in the end, ok, i have to experience still. may be, i'm not so much experienced with the cam (though i understand much more than the basics of photography), but at least the cam needs to be handled very very carefully concerning overall adjustments to receive good results.

doctortee's score
Average community score
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow