Started Apr 22, 2008 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Andy Ward
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix F50fd review
Apr 22, 2008

Lovely camera for pictures which I bought on the good experience I had with a previous FuijiFilm. The pictures are excellent (although in common with all FujiFilms there is purple fringing at high contrast boundaries when viewed at 100%). However, the video was so bad that I have returned the camera. Details below. I have my nice Canon SLR for still images so video is an important component of a compact camera for me. Without good video the camera is flawed in my opinion.

Problems:

The video works well apart from when the camera is pointed into the light. With light falling on the lens the entire image gets a horrible purple cast. This is very clear if you rotate through 360 degrees whilst videoing. Additionally, any darker objects get a shadow "smeared" across the video frame (top to bottom). I don't know whether this is down to the lens coating or internal reflections but if was sufficiently serious to warrant returning the camera - especially as I use it a lot skiing where the effect on white snow is particularly bad.

Andy Ward's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow