Started Apr 23, 2008 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dvpierce
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Olympus FE-300 review
Apr 23, 2008

This camera is capable of very good pictures, but getting them is tricky. There is long ( 2 -4 secs) delay in writing to the memory card, with the HQ picture quality seting. (4,000 x 3000) resolution. Lighting has to be almost perfect to get a good shot. This probably not the camera for the casual user. It takes patience and some tweaking to get a good shot. This camera also requires a special USB cable. This is a change for Olympus and I am disappointed with that change. Now you have to keep track of yet another cable.

The camera is nice looking, construction feels solid, and it is easy to carry around, but if you want a camera to always carry and get that quick snapshot, this is not camera.

It does take nice video without much effort. Battery life appears to be very good. Took several hundred shots on one batter, but a back up battery would be suggested if you plan to go on vacation or long trips with this camera.

I would not take this camera as my primary camera for a vacation. I picked this camera up at Fry's Electronics, it was a 1 day Manager Special for $99.00. It was too hard to pass up, a 12 MP camera for less than 100 dollars.

Now I understand why it was reduced so much.

dvpierce's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow