Started Apr 25, 2008 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rommels
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix A800 review
Apr 25, 2008

Except Graininess that comes at big sizes, this camera is a good buy.

I have been a user of Fujifilm cameras for around 7 years now and have used 3 different models. I have found the lenses, and the image capturing ability of FujiFilm cameras very superior.

This camera is also a good one, however I've had better image capturing experiences with older models by Fujifilm) (Fuji FinePix F610).

The prints are excellent, and so is the wallpaper on a 17" flat screen monitor, the picture does not granulate upto these sizes.

However for bigger pictures once expanded fully there is some grain or blur in the picture.

This does not matter to a person who just needs to view them at a small size, however this I think is an issue with only this model of Fuji camera and some more users I know have had similar experience.

Modifying ISO settings and EV compensation did improve the picture a bit but the graininess that develops does no vanish fully when image is expanded fully to its original size.

Plus Points are:
- Compact
- Uses 2AA size batteries, very convenient
- Has built-in memory 10 MB
- Is a good value for money
- Good for point and shoot purposes and prints at regular album size

Problems:

For bigger pictures once expanded fully there is some grain or blur in the picture.

Modifying ISO settings and EV compensation did improve the picture a bit but the graininess that develops in pictures does no vanish fully when image is expanded fully to its original size.

Not sure why this is only in this model of Fuji. However from a few other users I've confirmed that graininess and slight blurring does occur for pictures taken at high MPixels and seen at full original size.

rommels's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow