Started May 9, 2008 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cprevost
Contributing MemberPosts: 576Gear list
Like?
Nikon Coolpix S510 review
May 9, 2008

I bought this as a pocket camera to compliment my DSLR. This one I can have on me all the time for those times when you wish you had a camera handy.
This is a nice little camera. It fits easily into a pants pocket. I hardly notice it's there. In good conditions the image quality is superb. Pictures are very very sharp. Nikon uses a soft hand with noise reduction and seems to favor detail over noise reduction with this camera. I like that. If you hate digital noise this camera may not be for you. If you are handy with noise reduction software you can get some super good results with this one.

It starts up faster than I can lift it to take a picture. I swear I push the on button and lift the camera and it's ready to go that fast. The menu system seems easy enough. I never read the manual and didn't need to.

Oh, the image stabilization is cool. It's not magic, but I definitely see a difference in low light photos with regard to camera shake.

Problems:

No problems so far.

cprevost's gear list:cprevost's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +2 more
cprevost's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow