Started Jun 23, 2008 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Threcats
Junior MemberPosts: 25Gear list
Like?
Nikon Coolpix S600 review
Jun 23, 2008

This in an outstanding camera. It is fast (there are faster cameras but this is more than adequate), accurate, and produces excellent images under difficult lighting situations. The lens is sharp with well controlled distortions. The metering is spot on accurate. The battery has plenty of power for a full day of shooting (you should always carry a spare just in case). Like most sub-compacts this little guy lack a viewfinder. The screen can be brightened up and I had no problems shooting on sunny days. Nikon removed some post-processing features from the camera that I miss. The red-eye correction tool is gone as well as the ability to convert an image to black-and-white. Black-and-white pictures must be shot that way. The high iso noise levels are simply amazing. This little guy at 1600 iso blows away the competition. I would like more control over image size and compression. I wish Nikon hadn't removed the "Panoramic assist" mode from the scene menu.
http://photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=839912

Problems:

No mechanical issues.

Threcats's gear list:Threcats's gear list
Sony Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS
Threcats's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow