Started Jul 31, 2008 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sjnwuk
Forum MemberPosts: 60
Like?
Fujifilm FinePix Z3 review
Jul 31, 2008

Bought this very cheaply on Ebay - July '08, (Brand New Old Stock at approx $90) and have taken it on holiday and run it through it's paces fairly intensively over a 2 week period.

Based on a good mixture of scenic, family shots, outdoor and indoor(dark) conditions, I'm glad to say that the results have been nothing short of excellent for a basic point and shoot. The lens is excellent for a compact and the images it makes is sharp with lot's of detail and resolution.

I have no reservations about it being 'dated' in terms of it having only 5mp. On the contrary, the images lack any of that awful 'smearing, watery colour effect' now endemic in a lot of these new digicams that have a much higher pixel counted. Overkill I feel.

Construction-wise, it's superbly built all metal construction is a gem to handle and look at. Compared to the latest models on the market that are becoming more plasticky and less robustly made then previously with comparatively poorer pic performance( more smearing, less detail), I know which one I would go for!

Problems:

None to date

Sjnwuk's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow