Started Sep 3, 2008 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lkv11
Regular MemberPosts: 370
Like?
Canon PowerShot A590 IS review
Sep 3, 2008

This camera is a pleasure to use. Very easy and I think anyone can use it. The images are colorful and low ISO up to 200 are fairly noise free in bright conditions. Noise is only a noticeable problem when using 800 or above. The manual controls are great. The different color modes are useful and so it the white balance modes. All of them work well, and most people can just leave it in Auto white balance. Flash pictures are well exposed. Since camera only uses 2 AAs flash recycling is slow and can be up to 10 seconds. I recommend using Ni-MH batteries. I get at least 400 shots with good usage of LCD and reviewing images.

Problems:

My first A590IS had a hot pixel which I had to return. Got the second one and no problems so far. I find that small pieces of dust can somehow find its way under the LCD screen. I can't imagine why video quality is only 20fps not 30fps like other PowerShot cameras. Big negative to swindle the customer on video quality to save some money perhaps?

lkv11's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow