Started Nov 14, 2008 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jay in NC
Regular MemberPosts: 130
Like?
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS review
Nov 14, 2008

I have several dSLR's but wanted a small camera I could carry when I didn't need my 5D. I started looking at the SX110 (small, flat, and inexpensive). Which led me to the SX10 and then the G10. Of course by the time I got to the G10 I was feature crazy and way over my budget. I didn't want something that was 'almost' a dSLR. So...I had a discount card for Dell and I wound up getting a great deal on the SX10. I feel I made the best choice. Fairly good feature set for the money. I got it in today and can honestly say I really like this little beast. I have read the other reviews about the 'iContrast' tinting, slow lens, and slow FPS. The iContrast works just fine. I didn't see the 'blue' cast in my pics. I also took a picture across the office on a sticker INSIDE a darkened file cabinet, it was bright and easily readable (though it was the size of a deck of cards and I was 15 feet away)...no grain and no ca. I did notice that looking thru the EVF the picture 'seems' horrible...grainny and shaky...but these are just viewfinder artifacts...the actual pics were great. The slow FPS is true, but I haven't had any sports shots yet..so will see. The biggest thing I was worried about was shutter lag. Most P&S take FOREVER to focus and trigger the shutter. The SX 10 is very quick and I noticed almost no lag (comparable to a dSLR). The lens zooms fairly fast. I actually haven' seen any major cons. I am glad I got this instead of the G10.

Problems:

Slow FPS...but I haven't had a chance to really work that. VERY light body...will have to get used to not slinging it around too much. The selector ring on the back is a little thin and shallow which makes it harder to use.

Jay in NC's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow